CLASS CHANGE POLICY
It’s important to choose your classes carefully!
The following will be observed regarding program changes during the 18-week semester:
1. Student initiated changes will be made during the first week of the semester. After the first week, only ROP, SERVE, or Instructional Aide (12th graders) may be added, if available, up to the end of the 1st and 3rd quarters.
2. No level changes are allowed after the 1st or 3rd quarters (ex. Honors / AP to college prep or math / science level changes). Students must wait until the next semester to make the change.
3. Student-initiated class drops may be made up to the end of the 1st and 3rd quarter grading period without the grade being recorded on the transcript. After these grading periods a “W” (withdrawal) followed by a “P” (pass) or “F” (fail) will be reflected on the permanent transcript.
4. No class drops are allowed during the last three weeks of each semester (weeks 16 - 18).
5. School-initiated changes or drops will be made at the discretion of the principal or her designee. Poor attendance, poor classroom behavior and/or violation of school rules are examples of criteria for school-initiated schedule changes.