PYLUSD School Board Policies establish that students shall wear appropriate clothing and footwear and groom themselves for school in a manner that does not offend the decency of, or reflect negatively on, or detract from any phase of the educational program. The El Dorado High School administration and staff believe that dress affects the academic environment at school and in some cases can be disruptive to the learning environment. Therefore, the following dress codes apply at all times to students while on campus or in attendance at any school event. This dress code was reviewed and revised by a committee that included students, parents, teachers and administrators.
ALL CLOTHING MUST BE CLEAN AND IN GOOD REPAIR
- Shirts/Tops – Clothing shall conceal undergarments at all times. See-through fabrics, backless/strapless clothing, low cut revealing tops and bare midriffs are prohibited at all times.
- Pants/Shorts/Skirts/Dresses – Undergarments cannot be visible in any way. Revealing pants/shorts or skirts/dresses are prohibited.
- Illegal/Obscene – Any apparel, jewelry, accessory or inscription on personal belongings that could be construed as depicting or promoting the illegal, the obscene, or is sexually suggestive is not allowed. Items that specifically depict or promote alcohol, drugs, tobacco, weapons, or obscenities are prohibited.
- Offensive – Apparel, jewelry, accessories, manner of grooming, and inscriptions on personal belongings that by virtue of color, arrangement, trademark, universal meaning or any other attributes, express or advocate racial, ethnic, or religious prejudice are not allowed.
- Jewelry/Accessories – Spiked jewelry, chains, and other dangerous apparel are prohibited
- Footwear – Bare feet are not allowed. Shoes must be worn at all times.
- Hats – Only gold, black, and white hats with an approved El Dorado High School logo are acceptable. Bandanas are not permitted to be worn or displayed at anytime.
The administration reserves the right to utilize administrative discretion to add or delete items on this list as needed to maintain a safe and nurturing educational environment.
- Incident 1: Item may be confiscated, alternative clothing loaned, warning given, parent contacted, student may be sent home.
- Incident 2: Item will be confiscated, alternative clothing loaned, parent conference possible, two (2) Saturday School/Saturday Work hours assigned, student may be sent home.
- Incident 3: Item will be confiscated, alternative clothing loaned, parent conference possible, four (4) Saturday School/Saturday Work hours assigned, possible student contract
- Incident 4: Item will be confiscated, alternative clothing loaned, parent conference held, school suspension one to five days, student placed on behavior contract. Possible school transfer.
- Incident 5: Item will be confiscated, alternative clothing loaned, parent conference held, school suspension one to five days. School transfer.