El Dorado High School

Skip to main content
Main Menu Toggle
Counseling » Home


Welcome to the El Dorado High School 2018-2019 Counseling page!

             The counseling department consists of 3 counselors, 1 counseling clerk,  1 registrar, 1 college and career technician and 1 Wellness Specialist. Each student is assigned to a counselor by the last name. 

Your El Dorado High School Counselors are:

Ms. Armstrong (A - G), darmstrong@pylusd.org, x11026

Mrs. Davidson (H - O), tdavidson@pylusd.org, x11025

Mrs. Campuzano (P - Z), lcampuzano@pylusd.org, x11028

Mrs. Hamilton: College and Career Technician  ahamilton@pylusd.org, x11116 

Mr. Cesar Valdez: Wellness Specialist cvaldez@pylusd.org, x11029


Counselor Connection Newsletter: 



             We are here to assist students in the following areas: academic counseling, college advisement, career exploration, letters of recommendations, monitoring of 504 Accommodation Plans, personal/social counseling & referrals, student study team conferences, transcript evaluation, PSAT/SAT/ACT testing information, financial aid information, ROP enrollment, scholarships, community college enrollments & fieldtrips, and alternative education referrals.

            There is much information to be found on our pages located in the pull down menu above. Take a look around to find exciting information from the counselors. You can also visit our new College and Career Center located in the back of the library to find all of this information!

School District Launches New Parent University

            The Placentia - Yorba Linda Unified School District offers “Parent University,” an array of classes/workshops available to parents on a variety of topics. “Navigating Middle School” and “Addressing Bullying” are a few of the classes offered.   To see the full list of classes, visit the Parent University Web Page.

            All of the classes are offered by teachers, police officers or experts in their respective fields.  Spanish translators are also available, if requested ahead of time via the website registration.  The Parent University page on the website also includes links to resources as well as suggested reading for parents and students to learn more information about specific topics.


Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE)

            Residents of California (and a few other states) are eligible to participate in the Western Undergraduate Exchange.  This program allows students to attend a participating out-of-state university at a reduced out-of-state tuition rate.  Your residency alone does not guarantee you the WUE rate. Some colleges and universities also have additional criteria such as ACT/SAT test scores or high school GPA.  Apply for admission directly to the WUE institution(s) of your choice. There is no general WUE application. If the institution that you are applying to uses a hard copy application, mark prominently on the form that you seek admission at the WUE rate. For online applications, check the WUE box and if there is not one provided, contact the school admissions office on how to apply for the WUE discounted rate.

Visit the link below for more information.



180 Colleges that Do NOT require the SAT or ACT